MARINA PARKCITY MASTER PLAN
A BLUEPRINT FOR A VIBRANT THRIVING AND AUTHENTIC WATERFRONT COMMERCIAL HUB
Our aspiration is to expand and transform Miri into an atmospheric city that puts its people first. It will be a visionary model of livability, vitality, sustainability and community with an enviable quality of life and flourishing businesses.
We strive for excellence in city planning and design. In pursuing our ideas and idealism, we collaborated with well-known, forward-thinking international consultants renowned for their deep understanding and expertise in shaping cities for people. Their collective contributions will steer Marina ParkCity into a humane and safe destination where people can shop, work, live, simply relax and walk purposefully from place to place. Its tree-lined streets, lively squares and verdant parks will provide the stage for these activities.
Miri deserves a waterfront. Our response is a picturesque, active waterfront along the sea’s edge - Miri’s postcard. Conceived as an inviting and charming public promenade, it boasts a one-kilometre long boardwalk and linear park where people can enjoy a leisurely walk or cycle or dine at restaurants while enjoying the views, the breeze, and the sound of the sea. It is destined to be a tourist attraction in its own right.
THE 4 DISTRICTS
Marina ParkCity is divided into 4 districts. Each district boasts unique elements in them that contributes to the urbanisation of Miri.
- A picturesque, iconic seafront development with an extensive broadwalk and linear park at the edge
- A gourmet paradise offering local and international cuisines
- Anchored by shops and offices
- Destined to be a compelling place to locals and tourists for recreation, time-off and pleasure
Projects in this district
- An office and shopping district set in a park environment with water features
- Open-air, walkable and traffic-free pedestrian environment set amongst parks, plazas, fountains, natural and hard-edged landscaping elements
- Miri's new modern government and financial hub
- Interfaces and enrich the fabric of existing downtown Miri
- Location of choice for local and international tenants
Projects in this district
- A bazaar-like district that offers a rich sensory experience and a venue to showcase Sarawak's market heritage
- Anchored by a market hall which will bring together existing wet and traditional markets under one roof
- Consists of shops to cater to connected trades and complimentary businesses
- It's colorful and exotic offerings will attract tourists to visit and explore a plethora of local food produce set in a unique sensory experience